Thursday, March 26, 2009

Slaughterhouse-Five (Progress: 23)

I finished Slaughterhouse-Five today, which was David's book suggestion for Number 23: Ask 20 friends what their favorite book is, read every one. It wasn't really like Breakfast of Champions, which is the only other Vonnegut book I've read, but it was. I liked the book...Vonnegut's style is funny and unique and heart-breaking.

The book seemed to fit well with my day...I woke up already crying from pain (being a girl rocks). I had the closest thing to a panic attack I've ever had, but then got myself together and went to take a Stats quiz. I took a little more Advil than is usually suggested, opened the book, and read the last 100 pages or so while listening to the rain fall outside my window. I was alone and afraid and in pain, but eventually the medicine kicked in, and my mind was absorbed in the book...by the time I reached the last page, I was numb and content. There was a dead spider crushed on the very last page. So it goes.

Getting things accomplished from our list makes me happy.

<3,
Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment